How to install OBB File? Mostly if you download a large game or App. Then you will find another file next to the game file you want to download called (OBB). How to Install OBB File On Games & Apps for Android? Sometimes you get confused about how to install this file. It is straightforward and with elementary steps. There is more than one way to install OBB files on Android ES File Explorer or even an SD card on your phone. You can see more details in the following to learn how to install OBB on Android.
What is the OBB File?
OBB Folder is a file that accompanies APK files of large games and apps. It is an extension of the APK, Rar, and EXE files. Also, it contains graphics files, media, and storage information. Because often, the APK is not enough for some crowded and large files. Therefore, the developer adds the other OBB in another file accompanying the App file. After you download your favorite game and install the Apk file, you’ll have to get the obb file back on the path so you can start running the app. There is a manual method that we will explain in the next. In addition to installing the OBB file by the ES File Explorer installer and other details below.
How to Set the OBB Files (Guide)
Necessarily! You need to install a file manager. We will look at the example of ZArchiver; below, you can download it: If you are someone who usually downloads games online, you will notice that most big games now come with OBB files which are different from APK files.
Before now, all you need is just the APK file to install the game and play, but now you must know how to install the APK and the OBB to get the maximum game features.
What are the Requirements for Installing the OBB Archive
- First, you must have enough space in the SD card file on your device.
- Also, your device must be running at least Android 4.0.
- You need a good internet connection to download the settings.
- A link to download the latest version of the file you want to install.
- Download the OBB installer on your phone, such as ES File Explorer.
- Also, you will need to enable the Unknown Sources option from the Security Settings.
Where is the OBB file on Android?
The OBB file is located at the root of your Android SD card.
How do I open a . OBB file?
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question since the process may vary depending on the file type and operating system. However, some methods for opening a . OBB file include using a program like Windows Explorer or a command-line tool.
How can I download the OBB file from PUBG?
There are a few ways to download OBB files from PUBG. The easiest way is to open the game’s folder on your computer and look for the “OBB” file. You can also use a third-party program to download the OBB file.
Yes, you can put OBB files on an SD card.
How to Set and Install the OBB File on Android
There could be a few reasons why your APK file won’t install. The most common reason is that the file is corrupt or missing required files. If you’re using a custom build of Android, make sure you have the correct tools and files installed to build and install apps. If you’re using an unofficial or factory build of Android, make sure you use the correct Android version and platform.
How to Install OBB File Manually
- At first, you will install the APK file in the usual way.
- Then you will download the OBB.
- Now, decompress and extract the data files.
- Then open the “Data” file and copy the folder inside.
- And now move it to “SD Card” → Android → Data.
- You can create a data file manually if you do not find it.
- Make sure the files are copied correctly.
How to Install OBB File By ES File Explorer (Installer)
- First, download ES File Explorer and install it on your device.
- Open ES File Explorer and go to the “Download” folder.
- And now install the APK for the game you want.
- Click the game icon and then click “Install“.
- When the installation is finished, do not open the game.
- But click “Done” and then search for OBB Archive.
- Press and hold the icon, then “More“, then “Extract to“.
- Now select the last item in the window.
- Then “Choose Path” and click on the path (text below, /sdcard/..).
- Then the folder window will open.
- Click on “Android“, then “OBB“, then “OK“.
- Finally, ES File Explorer will extract the archive.
- After completion, the game will start immediately.
As you can see, installing apps or games that have separate OBB files is a few steps away if you know what you are doing. How to Install OBB File On Games & Apps for Android? In summary, you only need to download the apk game of your choice. Downloads its matching OBB file. Use the Zarchiver app to extract the contents of the compressed OBB file, then move the extracted files to the Android OBB folder. Then open the apk file to load the game.